St. John’s Creation Stewards upcoming community events:
Watch for upcoming events to be listed here!
Lansdale Open Gardens Day – Saturday, June 10, 10 am to 4 pm
Link to the United Church of Christ Environmental Justice Ministries webpage:
Link to The Pollinator, the UCC Environmental Justice blog:
Environmental Justice from our Conference: the PSEC:
God fashioned human beings to live in harmony with the created world, and act as stewards and caretakers of creation. As early as 1959, the UCC General Synod called for conservation and responsible development of the Earth’s resources for the benefit of all people, and out of consideration for future generations. Today more than ever Christians are called to take seriously environmental science, and work towards preserving our climate, environment, and natural resources. PSEC Justice & Witness ministries:
- Recognizes the reality and threat of global warming as outlined by internationally respected scientific bodies, and calls for education and action around the issue of climate change.
- Calls for policies that conserve natural resources and energy, specifically investment in sustainable energy technologies.
- Stands with the United Church of Christ in calling for divestment from fossil fuel companies.
- Calls for a ban on “fracking” (the injection of a chemical-water mixture into the ground to extract oil).
- Recognizes the complex socioeconomic dimensions of environmental justice such as race, class, and global inequality.
The Pennsylvania Office of Environmental Justice was established as a point of contact for residents in low income areas and areas with a higher number of minorities. Its primary goal is to increase communities’ environmental awareness and involvement in the DEP permitting process. Click here to go to their website.
Prayers from Earth Sunday at St. John’s – April 23, 2023: (from ‘A Liturgy for Earth Day’ by Byron Forester (Creation Care Alliance). For the complete story of Creation, read Genesis 1:1-2:4a
Link to an article about greenhouse gasses from the the World Meteorological Organization linked to the UCC website:
Questions about UCC Environmental Justice on a national level? Please contact the Rev. Brooks Berndt, Minister of Environmental Justice. email@example.com