ABOUT OUR STAINED GLASS WINDOWS IN THE SANCTUARY
The stained glass windows in St. John’s sanctuary were commissioned from P.J. Reeves and Company in Philadelphia. All of the windows are antique glass and have been “painted with the paint so burnt into the glass to insure absolute permanency.” These windows were designed and installed in the early 1950’s. The sanctuary opened with our first service held there on December 24, 1952. The design selection was done by our then-pastor, Rev. Dr. Harold E. Ditzler.
PHOTOS & TITLES OF ST. JOHN’S STAINED GLASS WINDOWS LOCATED IN THE SANCTUARY
Above: Chancel – Transfiguration Window
Left: Moses with the 10 Commandments
Center: Christ; Right: Elijah
ST. JOHN’S 1976 QUILTED WALL HANGING
Along with our windows, one of the other large and colorful displays in our sanctuary is the quilted wall hanging on the wall to the left of the pulpit. This was designed and created by talented St. John’s members as part of our St. John’s centennial celebration in 1976 and has been displayed on this wall since, showing symbols that are important to the life of our church!